Εmail account setup instruction
Instruction for outlook, thunderbird and video tutorial for outlook express
Creating Outlook Express Email Accounts
1. Before you get started, make sure you are aware of your email address, your username and your accounts password.
2. Start Outlook Express and from menu "Tools", click on the "Account Options" selection.
3. Click on the button "Add" and then on the button "Mail" to open "Internet Connection Wizard".
4. In Name page of the wizard, type your name, as you would like to appear for anyone that receives a message from you and then, click "Next".
5. In E-Mail Address page, type your email address and click "Next".
6. In E-Mail Server Names select POP3 as mail type and insert in incoming mail server "mail.domain.gr" (mail.your_domain.gr). In SMTP server field insert your ISP mailserver. Below you can see the list with the most popular Internet Service Providers' mail servers.
altectelecoms.gr -> mail.altecnet.gr
forthnet.gr -> mailgate.forthnet.gr
hol.gr -> smtp.hol.gr
otenet.gr -> mailgate.otenet.gr
winweb.gr -> mail.winweb.gr
germanosnet.gr -> smtp.germanosnet.gr
tellas.gr -> smtp.tellas.gr
ontelecoms.gr -> smtp.ontelecoms.gr
tee.gr -> outgoing.tee.gr
wind.com.gr -> smtp.windnet.gr
If your ISP is not included in the above list, you can contact your ISP to inform you about his mailserver.
7. In Internet Mail Logon page, type your account username and password.
Be careful: Simple users use not just the username, but their complete email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the admin user uses the username only.
8. Click on the "Next" button and then, click "Finish". You are ready to send your first email!
Creating Thunderbird Email Accounts
1. Before you get started, make sure you are aware of the mail address, your username and password.
2. Start Thunderbird and, from Tools menu, click on the "Account Settings" command.
3. Click on the "Add Account" button and then choose "Email Account" from wizard page "New Account Setup" and click on the "Next" button.
4. In "Identity", type your name (as you wish to appear in anyone who receives a message from you) and your email address, then click "Next".
5. In Server Information page, choose POP as your incoming mail type and in the incoming mail server type mail.domain.gr, then click "Next".
6. In User Name page, type your account username and click on "Next".
Attention: Simple users type not just their username, but their full email address e.g. email@example.com. Only the admin user types just the username.
7. In Account Name page of the wizard, type the name featuring this account and click "Next".
8. You will see your new account's settings, make sure that everything is proper and click on the "Finish" button to finish creating the account. You are ready to send your first email.
Ready to send your first email!