How can I forward my email to another address (email forwarder)?
The easiest way to forward the emails you receive to another email address, is to create an email forwarder.
What are the email forwarders?
Email Forwarders allow you to send a copy of the messages you receive in an email address to another email address automatically.
If your company uses more than one email addresses, like firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, a good choice is to forward all your emails to one central account like the email@example.com, where you can manage them easily. So, there is no need to check all these accounts individually.
You can create such forwarders through your cPanel, or in your Webmail enviroment. We will describe the steps for both methods below.
How to create a forwarder in cPanel?
In the Mail category, click the Forwarders icon.
Inside the forwarders page, click the Add Forwarder button.
Now you will see the Add a New Forwarder window:
- In the Address to Forward field under the Address category, enter the email address of the account that you want to forward the messages.
- In the Forward to email address field under the Destination category, enter the email address where you want to receive the messages.
* You also have an option to choose to discard the received messages on this email address and even edit the response error message that will be sent back to the sender after the rejection.
- Click the Add Forwarder button.
If you visit the previous page, you will see that your forwarder has been created. In this case, we created a forwarder from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com:
All email messages that are sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org address, will be forwarded automatically to the email@example.com address.
* You can add more than one email address in the destination field, separated by commas, for example:
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to create a forwarder in Webmail?
Login to webmail for the account you want to forward.
* Note, you can login to webmail from the your-domain.com/webmail link, where your-domain.com is your website's name. Make sure to use your full email address as a username and the right password for this account.
When you login, click the Forwarding Options icon.
This icon will direct you to the Forwarders page. As you can see there is the forwarder we created earlier in cPanel.
If you want to add a new forwarder, click the Add Forwarder button and add your new forwarder exactly as you did before from the cPanel.
The only difference is that we don't need to define from what address the emails will be forwarded, as we are already working on a specific address. All you need to do is to fill in the Forward to email address field with the email address where the email copies will be forwarded. When you are ready, click on the Add Forwarder button.