Find the database used by your Joomla website
It is easy to find the name of the database used by your Joomla website. All information about your website's database is stored in the configuration file nemed configuration.php. This file is located in the installation folder of Joomla usually public_html folder or a subfolder of it.
You can view this file with the cPanel > File Manager tool or via an FTP client. Once you find the configuration.php file open to see its contents. Scroll down and look for the following lines:
var $dbtype = 'mysql';
var $host = 'localhost';
var $user = 'mysql_username';
var $db = 'mysql_database';
var $dbprefix = 'prefix_';
var $password = 'mysql_password';
- The $dbtype field shows the type of the database used, for example mysql.
- The $host field shows the path where your database is stored, for example in the same server as localhost.
- The $user field shows the username of the database.
- The $db field shows the name of the database.
- The $dbprefix field shows the prefix of the database.
- The $password field shows the password of the database.