How to use Components for your Joomla website?
Using Joomla Components you can create pages on your website with more complex content, besides just articles that only contain text, images and links.
All available Components can be found in the corresponding menu option on the Joomla control panel.
The Joomla installation contains a lot pre-installed Components that you can add to your pages to have more complex content.
The pre-installed Joomla Components are:
|Messaging||New Private Message
Read Private Message
Create and Insert a Component in your website's menu
If for example you want to create a contact page for your user you should:
- Use the Components > Contacts option from the Joomla control panel menu
- and click the New button at the next page.
- There you will edit your contact information
- and then click the Save button.
When your new Component is ready you can connect it to a menu of your website.
To do this:
- Navigate to Menus > Manage > Add New Menu if you want to add a new menu item first or to Menus > select a menu > Add New Menu Item. For example the Main Menu of your website.
- In the menu item page add a Menu Title for it.
- Then click the Select button next to the Menu Item Type tag.
- In the window that appears, select the type of the new Component you created, for example Contacts > Single Contact.
- Then next to the Select Contact label click the Select button and select the new Component that you created.
- Finally click the Save button to save your new menu item.