How do I find the authorization code of my domain?
Responsible for disclosing your domain's authorization code is the current registrar of this domain.
If your domain has been registered in any another company, you will need to contact your registrar and ask to be informed about the authorization code.
If your domain has been registered in IP.GR, you may find your domain's authorization code through your account in our website. For your convenience, you may follow the steps below:
- Sign in your account in IP. GR' s website. If you experience any trouble while trying to login, you can find detailed instructions here.
- Once logged in, navigate to:
Dashboard > Domains > My domain names
- Spot the domain you are interested in, in the list of the active domains in your account. Then click on the Edit icon for this domain.
- In the Edit tab of this domain, select Authorization Code.
- If your domain is a .gr domain you can either change the code to a new one, which can be immediately used or you can ask for the authorization to be sent to you via the .gr Registry to the email address you have used as contact address for this domain's owner. If you choose to provide a new authorization code, when filling the new code, please read carefully the instructions. Alternatively, you can use the suggested code, as it is automatically generated and unique every time.
- If your domain's extension is any other extension, such as .eu, .com, .net, .info or .biz, you can ask for the authorization code to be sent to you via the relative Registry to the email address you have used as contact address for this domain's owner.