How to set up an e-mail account in Outlook 2007
Before proceeding to the settings of your email program, you must have already created an email account through your cPanel. If you have not yet created your account, you can follow the instructions for creating a new email account through your cPanel.
If you are not sure what Settings you should use for your email, you can find here your account settings.
Then you can follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 on your computer
- From Tools menu select Account Settings.
- Select New in the top left corner.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Type the settings in the fields.
- Your Name: Here type your name as you wish it to appear to recipients of your messages.
- E-Mail Address: Your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Account Type: Type your account. You can choose to set up your account as either POP or IMAP. Each of the two types has its own settings, that can be found through your cPanel.
- Incoming mail server: Type mail.to-domain-sas.com. For example, our incoming mail server is mail.example.com.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Type mail.to-domain-sas.com. You can also choose the smtp server provided by your ISP (internet service provider), if you prefer it.
- User Name: Enter your full email address.
- Password: If you want Outlook to store your password, check the Remember Password option and type your password in the text box.
- After filling all the fields, click on More Settings... button on the bottom right corner of the window, as shown in the previous image.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab and check if the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked. If not, check it and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Press the OK button to return to the previous window
- Then press Next. Outlook will check your typed settings. If everything is correct, you can proceed to the next window and press Finish to complete the process.