How to manage the users of your WordPress website?
User management on WordPress is very simple and easy. You can add new users or edit and delete existing users of your website by going to Users > All Users category.
In order to add a new user, click the Add New button at the top of the page. Then you will have to type a username, an email, a name and a surname and a password for this user. From the drop down Role menu select the role for this user as explained below:
- Administrator - has access to all management functions.
- Subscriber - can only manage their profile.
- Editor - can publish and manage posts and pages as well as messages from other users.
- Author - can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor - can write and manage their posts, but can not publish.
Finally click the Add New User button and the new user will be added to your website.
You can also manage the existing users on your website by going to Users > All Users. When you hover your mouse on top of a user an Edit link will be shown, that lets you edit the information of this user and change his role. Additionally if you click the Delete button you can delete this user.
If you want to delete one or more users together you can select their checkboxes and then click the Delete option from the Bulk actions drop down menu. Then click the Apply button next to it.
From the Change role to... drop down menu you can change the roles of many users together by selecting their checkboxes.