How to insert external multimedia in a Joomla article on your website?
An article may contain text, images, videos or audio. To avoid having to upload these multimedia files on your server and wasting valuable storage space you can embed them from other websites. For example you can use videos from Youtube, images from Flickr or music from Spotify. To embed an external multimedia file you need the embed code from the page that hosts it.
Once you find the embed code from the service that hosts the multimedia you can embed it in your articles by following the steps below.
- Navigate to Content > Articles > Add New Article to add a new article or edit an existing one.
- Type a Title for your article in the editing page.
- Next click the <> Source Code button of the text editor.
- In the text box that will open paste the embed code that you copied from the multimedia hosting service.
- Then click OK.
- Your multimedia will be loaded inside the article text editor. You can continue editing your article.
- When you are ready click the Save button to publish your article with the embedded multimedia.
You can now visit your website and view the new article you just created with an embedded multimedia in it.