How to insert product categories in PrestaShop
- Login to PrestaShop’s administration panel.
- At the Dashboard click on Catalog → Categories.
- Click + (Add New Category).
- You will see the following window.
- Fill the Name field with the category’s name.
- If you wish to create a subcategory, in the field Parent Category, choose the category under which the new one will be displayed. Otherwise leave the default option Home.
- You can add a picture for the category, add a description, as well as what it will be displayed in the search engines, when someone searches foe a product that is available in the category you created. You can do that by filling the Meta title field.
- Fill Friendly URL, to change the address of your category. For example instead of https://www.example.com/category.php?id_category=3, you can have https://www.example.com/winter-coats-for-women.
- At the Group Access field you can select who will be able to see this category.
- Click Save and see the result on your website.