Create your own site with RVSitebuilder.
To get started, sign in to your cPanel. You can find the RVSitebuilder under Software and Services of cPanel. Click on the RVSitebuilder icon. You should now see the environment:
Creating a website with RVSitebuilder is very simple. Follow these steps:
1. Click the Create a Project button, as shown in the previous picture.
In the Create Projectform fields, you will need to fill out some basic information for your website:
- After you fill in the name of the Project, you can also fill in the name of your business, and a phrase - slogan that characterizes it. However My Company and My Slogan fields, are not required to be filled.
Then you can choose if you want your site to be Mobile Compatible. What does this mean? Now that more and more users use mobile phones and tablets to visit web pages, is probably legitimate to choose such a design for your site, which will adapt on these devices so your site do not deform and acquire a device more user-friendly for the user's mobile device. This type of design is called responsive. So if you want your design and your own site to be responsive, check the Mobile Compatible Website box.
You can also from the Category List to select the category or the field in which your site relates to, such as businesses, advertising , arts, sports and many more.
Finally, from the Web Page List frame, you can add some pre-formatted pages to your site. Do not worry, later you can add more or remove them.
- After you select your pages, press the Save button to proceed.
2. In the next step, you can choose one of the hundreds of templates for the configuration of your site.
In our example, we have chosen Computer and Technology as a Category, so the relevant Results are shown:
However here you can change the category of your site and choose something different from the Category menu.
From the Style menu, you can select the style you want your template to have, for example it may be monochrome or two-tone colors, bright, modern and more. We chose the Clean style.
*In some of the top left templates you will see a yellow label. This label means that this template is responsive, it is adapted to mobile devices, as we have previously explained. See for example, the label on the current template:
*If you leave your mouse to hover a while over a template, you can see if the template is also available in other color combinations, as:
- Then press Select to the template you have chosen to be able to use in your site.
3. In this step, you can choose any item of the template to edit.
Let's see for example how we can work out the slogan of our site:
Click on your slogan to see the icons below:
You can edit, delete or locked it. You can also catch it and drag it to place it in the desired position. If you lock it you will no longer be able to move it, until it's unlocked. This option can be used to avoid errors during configuration on the appearance of your site, if you have decided that the position of an item is exactly where you want.
Now click the pencil icon to edit our slogan.
You can type a new slogan, format i, or even to convert it into a link to another page.
- After making the desired changes, click save.
Let's now add content to the sidebars. As you can see, an area that has no content, it appears as gray, ie inactive:
Click on SIDE 1 to edit it. You should now see the Edit Side 1 window:
As you can see, the window that opens is a full text editor. Here you add and remove links, pictures, videos and other objects. You can also see the side1 in design, or source code view. If you are more familiar with programming, you can make the desired changes. After adding your content, click the Save icon on the left.
- Once your changes are successfully saved, press the Close button to return to the editing of your site. As you can see, the SIDE1 area has become green, which means that now it has content.
4. Let's now see how we can process the Navigation to your site, ie the way in which the guests can browse in its pages.
First click on Step 3. Here you can see the order of your pages.
If you wish to change this order, click the arrow next to the title Pages, to display the Rearrange pages window.
- Press the Move Up and Move Down buttons, to change the layout of your pages and the Move to main level and Move to sub level buttons to edit their hierarchy.
Let us now see how we can add a new page to our site.
Click the Add Page button on your right. Now you should see the Add Page / Component window.
- You can add a New page from the existing template, by completing the name of the page or an external link, by completing the full address of it. You can even add a component, such as a blog, a newsletter, a guestbook, a photo gallery and others.
Clicking the Select Page Option menu next to each page, you can also choose among others to rename your page, make it point to an external link, save it as a draft, as you can see below:
* These options apply only to the inside pages. The Home page has a different menu:
5. In the same step, for the Extras tab, we can go a little further.
- From the Page Title tab you can change the HTML title tag of each page. The RVSitebuilder uses default tags for the pages. Here, you can change it and use your own. The HTML title tag is very important for a page, it sets the URL that will eventually the visitor of your page will see, but also it is used by the search engines for the evaluation and the ranking of their results.
To change the Page Title of a page, click on the corresponding Edit icon. You should now see the Change Page Title window:
- Now type the New Title for your page. Caution, the maximum length of the title can be up to 255 characters. Click the Save button to save your changes.
- From the Meta Tags tab, you can change the Key-words and description of each page. To do this, press the corresponding Edit icon of the desired page.
You should now see the Meta Tag Edit window. Here you can see what are the current keywords and the description of the page and edit them. After completing your changes, click the Save button.
The Page Effect tab enables you to add appearance effects on your pages. However this effects is possible to be displayed only in Internet Explorer, so you can skip this step.
The Page File Name tab allows you to change the name of the page as it appears in the URL of your domain. For example, if your domain is the example.com and the name of the home page is home, the URL is https://www.example.com/home.
- To change the name of your page, click the Change Page File Name box and write the new name. In the Current Page File Name column you can see the current page name. Click the Save button to save your changes.
6. If you are satisfied with the changes you have made so far, click the Preview button on the right.
Now your site should look like this:
Of course, you still need a little work to add content such as text and images, both in your home page and on the inside pages.
7. When you b>complete your site and you are satisfied with it's image, you can now publish it. To do this, press the Publish button, you will also find at the top right of your screen.
You should now be in the Publish website to window:
Here you are given two options: you can publish your site directly in your domain, for our example, example.com, or into a subfolder of your domain. For example, while you have another site, use the RVSitebuilder to make an individual segment of it. For example you can create a blog and publish it to the "blog" subfolder. When someone wants to browse on your blog, will visit the address www.todomainmou.gr/blog..
In any case, you just created your own website using the RVSitebuilder! Congratulations!