Login to PrestaShop’s Administration Panel
After the installation of PrestaShop in your web hosting package, you can log in to PrestaShop’s administration panel.
The process is a bit different than the usual CMSs' due to security reasons .
To log in follow the steps bellow:
- Login to cPanel.
- Go to File Manager.
- In the public_html folder go to the subfolder you have installed PrestaShop.
- There are many folders and files in there. Find one with a name like 0x7yuu654fms or admin091anufki (these are examples and its most likely to have different name on your installation).
- Right click → rename. Give the folder a name you can easily remember. The name admin is not accepted. For example diax.
- At your browser type your_domain/the_name_you_choose_on_cPanel (example.com/diax). If you installed PrestaShop in a subfolder such as store type your site’s domain/store/ the_name_you_choose_on_cPanel (example.com/store/diax). Hit enter and you will see the window bellow.
- Type the email and the password you set during PrestaShop’s installation and login.