How can I register a domain at IP.GR?
To register a domain in IP.GR, you must first have created an account in IP.GR' s website. If you do not have an account, you can now create your own choosing Register.
If you want to register a .gr or .eu domain, while creating your account, you can choose to register your information in the relative Registries.
After you create and activate your account, select Login to log in your account.
- Domain registration
Once you are logged in, follow the path:
My Account > Domains > Register a domain
For the new domain registration order follow the next steps:
- Type in the name you want and click on Search button.
- If the name you have typed is for example to_domain_moy.gr, then the search results will return a list with the name to_domain_moy followed by all possible extensions.
- In the second column you may find information on the domain availability for each extension. If any of these domain names is free, in this column will be able to see the relevant icon and the Add button.
- Select the domain names you are interested in, the number of years for which you wish to register them and then click on Add button for each domain you want to purchase. Then press Checkout in your cart.
- Select the owner of the domain. If the contact person who will be the owner of this domain is not in your contact list, you can select the icon next to the list, to add a new contact person.
The options available are:
- I want the domain only.
- I want web hosting too.
You can then choose either to just register the domain to use it however you need, or get a Web Hosting Package along with your domain.
- Select Add to Cart.
- Select a payment method and the type of the billing document you want to receive for your transaction and click Continue.
Your order has been submitted. Your new domain will be activated once the registration fees are paid.
If your domain is a .gr domain, along with your order, the corresponding application will be submitted to the Registry and the domain will be reserved for 72 hours, until the settlement of the fees.
Regarding .eu and other domain name extensions, the registration application will be submitted to the Registry upon payment of the fees. Until then, the domain will remain available and can be registered by a third party. If you make a payment using a credit card, your domain will be immediately activated. Otherwise, your domain will be activated one the registration fees are financially settled and we have been relatively notified.