How can I renew my SSL certificate in IP.GR?
An SSL Certificate renewal is made through your Account in IP.GR. The renewal is provided the last 30 days before the expiration of the existing certificate. If your certificate is in the period before the expiration date you can put it in your cart and complete the renewal.
For certification authorities (Geotrust, Symantec, Comodo etc.) a renewal is equivalent as a certificate reissue, that means that is not a renewal in the way we know it from the domains or hosting renewal. So making a renewal of a certificate you will have to do its customization too, just as it was done the first time the certificate was ordered and installed.
To order a renewal follow the steps below:
- Login to your account in the website of IP.GR. If you have any problem you can find more information on how to login to your account here.
- Click the SSL > Manage option.
- If your certificate expires in the next 30 days then the renewal option will be active, so click on it.
- Select for how many years your certificate will be valid and click the Renew button. Optionally you can purchase the SSL installation service if you are hosted in IP.GR.
- Click the Continue button to add it to your cart.
- Follow the steps on your cart to complete your order.
Once you complete your order and pay for it you will be able to configure your certificate. Navigate again to SSL > Manage and click the Edit icon that now will be enabled for your certificate. There you will have to enter all the necessary information concerning your certificate in order to be sent to the authority you selected that will issue the certificate (Geotrust, Symantec, Comodo).
After sending the parameters of your certificate to the issuing authority and depending on the selected type of certificate, the issuing authority may contact you by email for confirmation purposes or request extra parameters. In the end the certificate is sent back to you and you can proceed to install it on your server (if you have selected the installation service this step is performed by IP.GR). For simple certificates most of these steps are done automatically are completed in a few minutes.