How to install free SSL through cPanel?
The free SSL certificate of is being installed automatically through cPanel within 24 hours from the moment the domain resolves to the IP that hosts your website.
If you want to know more about how to make a domain resolves to a server's ip, click here.
Since your domain points to the server's IP, you can speed up the installing process of the free SSL certificate through your cPanel, by following the steps below:
- Log into your cPanel account.
- From the SECURITY section, click on the SSL / TLS Status.
- Here, you will see a red icon to the left of your domain, that indicates the unsuccessful installation of the free SSL certificate by cPanel. Click the Run AutoSSL button. The installation process usually takes a few minutes.
- Once the SSL certificate has been successfully installed, a green padlock will now appear to the left of the domain.
Ways to make a domain resolves to a server's ip :
- Change the nameservers of your domain to the ones pointing to the server that hosts your website (web hosting service). If you want to find out how you can change the nameservers of your domain in IP.GR, click here.
- Set in the A record of the DNS, the IP of the server that hosts your website. DNS settings are accessible through the zone file (DNS Zone / Zone Editor), which is located on the server indicated by the domain nameservers. For more information on what DNS is, click here.
Note: When it comes to .gr and .ελ domains, changing the nameservers takes effect once the Registry restarts its services, which occurs every 3 hours (12:00 - 15:00 - 18:00 and so on during winter time / 10:00 - 13:00 - 16:00 and so on during summer time).