Register your own private nameservers
If you want to create and set your own private nameservers through your IP.GR account, you follow the steps below: :
- Log into your IP.GR account.
- Click Dashboard and then select My domain names.
- On the right hand of your domain name, select Edit.
- From the panel on the left, click on Hosts and then press the Add hosts button.
- On the left of your domain, fill the nameservers you want and press the Continue button.
- Click on Return.
- Select Add new hosts to repeat the same steps for the second nameserver.
- On the right of the first host, click on Edit.
- Enter the ip of your nameservers and press the Continue button.
- Click on Return and repeat the previous step in order to enter the ip of the second host.
- Fron the panel on the left side, select Change name server in order to set the private nameservers you have previously created and once you enter them in the relative fields, click Continue.
These changes are submitted to the Registry in real time and take effect in about 3 to 6 hours, right after the Registry restarts its root name servers.
Note: All the above are valid given that you have added to the Zone File of your domain two A records (DNS Records) where the private nameservers will point to the ip of the server.
ns1.webtool.gr. 14400 IN A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
ns2.webtool.gr. 14400 IN A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
where webtool.gr should be replaced with your domain and xxx with the ip of the server.