How do I create an autoresponder?
To create a new Auto responder, first you have to connect to your cPanel.
After logging in, click Autoresponders icon, in the Mail section of cPanel.
Next, follow the steps below:
- Select the domain for which you want to create autoresponder from the Managing menu.
- Click the Add Auto Responder button.
- Select a character set from the Character Set menu.
* UTF-8 is the most common character set and it encountered more often by most users. It's the default value for the cPanel.
- Enter the time interval in hours, for which your autoresponder should wait before to resend the automated message to the same address.
For example, if you receive an email from email@example.com address at 8 am of Monday. Your autoresponder will reply to this email immediately. If you set the interval to 24 hours and get a message from the same address in the afternoon of the same day, the autoresponder will not respond. If after 24 hours the same sender resend email, it will take he automated response from your autoresponder again.
* if you set the interval to 0, the autoresponder will reply to all emails you receive.
- Under Email field type in the address from which you want the server to respond.
- Under From field type the name that will appear in the reply.
- Under Subject type the subject of your reply.
- If your message contains HTML tags, check the HTML box.
- Select Start time. You can choose to start Immediately, or you can set a Custom start time. If you select Custom, a small calendar will appear. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the date you prefer.
- After selecting the date, select the time too, just below the calendar. Click anywhere outside the calendar to Save your options and close the calendar.
- Select stop time. You can select Never or Custom. If you select Custom, a small calendar will appear. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the date you prefer. After selecting the date, select the time too, just below the calendar. Click anywhere outside the calendar to Save your options and close the calendar.
* You must select an end time greater than the start time.
- Press Create/Modify to save the settings you have made in your autoresponder.