Set up Microsoft Outlook 2003 for your email.
Before proceeding to the settings of your email application, you must have already created an email account through your cPanel. If you have not yet created your account, you can follow the instructions for creating a new email account through your cPanel.
If you are not sure what Settings you should use for your email, you can find here your account settings.
Then you can follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 on your computer
- From Tools menu select Account Settings.
- In E-mail Accounts wizard window, select Add a new e-mail account, then click the Next button.
- Next step, you can select if you will create a POP3 or an IMAP account. Then click the Next button.
- In Internet E-mail Settings (POP3/IMAP) window, you will need tot type this settings:
- Your Name: Here type your name as you wish it to appear to recipients of your messages.
- E-Mail Address: Your full email address, for example email@example.com.
- Account Type: Type of your account. You can choose to set up your account as either POP or IMAP. Each of the two types has its own settings, that can be found through your cPanel.
- Incoming mail server: Type mail.to-domain-sas.com. For example, our incoming mail server is mail.example.com.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Type mail.to-domain-sas.com. You can also enter the name of the smtp server provided by your ISP (internet service provider), if you prefer so.
- User Name: Enter your full email address.
- Password: If you want Outlook to store your password, check the Remember Password option and type your password in the text box.
- After filling all the fields, click on More Settings... button in the bottom right corner of the window, as shown in the previous image.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab and check if the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked. If not select it and choose Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Press the OK button to return to the previous window
- Then press Next. Outlook will check your typed settings. If everything is correct, you can proceed to the next window and press Finish to complete the process.