Advises to speed up your Joomla website
Joomla is one of the most well knows Content Management Systems (CMS). By itself it is not a "heavy" application, but over time may experience performance problems and may get quite slow.
The following tips can help you improve the performance of your Joomla website:
- Reduce the number of articles appearing on the website's home page.
- Enable caching.
- Disable/remove plugins you don't use/need.
- Enable debugging from the control panel by navigating to Joomla > Global Configuration and control the number of queries performed. The higher the number, the slower your application will run. If the number of queries exceeds 50, it may be good for you to disable the extension which has the most queries.
- Chcek your website using the websiteoptimization.com tool which gives valuable information on where modifications can be made to improve its performance.
- Reduce the number of external and internal links of the website by keeping only the most important.