How to change the metadata of your Joomla website?
The metadata of a website helps search engines to recognize its content easily and show it at the top positions of the search results.
To add metadata to your Joomla website:
- Navigate to System > Global Configuration
- At the next page find the Metadata Settings category under the Site tab.
- Site Meta Description: The description that will be shown in the search engines results. Ideal size up to 20 words.
- Site Meta Keywords: The keywords that best describe your website separated with commas. These are used by search engines to display your website in the appropriate search results.
- Robots: Choose what will the search engine robots do with your website.
- Index, Follow: Index the website AND index links to other websites.
- No index, follow: Do not index the website AND index links to other websites.
- Index, No follow: Index the website AND do not index links to other websites.
- No index, no follow: Do not index the website AND do not index links to other websites.
- Content Rights: You can define the rights for those who want to use the content of your website.
- Show Author Meta Tag: If you want to display the author as metadata in your articles.
- Show Joomla Version: If you want to display the Joomla version as metadata.