Remote MySQL access
How to enable remote MySQL access through the cPanel.
If you want to use a database management application, like MySQL Workbench, to access your MySQL databases remotely, you will have to enable that feature from your cPanel account. You can easily do this by following the steps below.
- Login to your cPanel account.
- Find the Remote MySQL option under the Databases category.
- Insert the static IP of the network you want to allow remote access, on the Add Access Host field and click the Add Host button to add it to your allowed host list below. Repeat the same steps, if you want to give access to more than one computer. You can also add the domain name that you want to enable remote access, for example www.example.com.
- If the network that you want to give remote access, does not have a static IP or you want to enable remote access from any computer, then you can add the % character to the Add Access Host field.
- If you want to delete a record from the list of allowed computers, click the Delete option next to each record.